I suggest you ...

improvements to DiscoverE

Thanks for your hard work on making this search system better! Here are my thoughts:
1) If DiscoverE pulls up an item, it needs to be really clear if Emory holds an item or not. It should say whether it does or does not.

2) It should be as easy to locate a single book with a known title on DiscoverE as on Euclid. Example: A professor recommended a book called "Religion of the Gods." For some reason I couldn't figure out if it was lost or checked out (never mind that). Anyway, I asked one of the lib techs to look--he put those words into DiscoverE and then wanted lots more info to pin down which reference it was--apparently he got a long list. I said, "search in Euclid, you'll get exactly one--the right one." He did. And he did.

3) wouldn't it be great if DiscoverE was BETTER than Euclid? A friend wanted me to scan something from KTU-2. I knew that stood for Keilschrifttexte aus Ugarit, but when I searched under that (Euclid and DiscoverE) I got nada. So I asked her for the precise name. She emailed me the listing. "Keilschrifttexte aus Ugarit" was listed as an alternative title. Wouldn't it be great if typing it in had brought me something other than "0" in either search system? (or even KTU--wouldn't that be fine)?

Thanks! I'll pass on more thoughts if I come up with any. Appreciate your listening.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marian BroidaMarian Broida shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Judith MillerJudith Miller commented  · 

I wish to reinforce these points. I find the new Euclid interface (everything from font, point and color choices, which make th screen difficult to read), and Discover-E, unusable. I have just tried searchign for a number of works that i need right now for my research and others which I want to place on reserve. The search results are turning up gibberish.

Why is it that the searches key off words such as "of" "the" and "and" and return results that have nothing to do with the item title? That is just one of many problems.

Feedback and Knowledge Base